Donation Refund Policy
Chennai Food Bank through RYA Madras Metro Trust is instituting a donation refund policy to ensure fair and transparent processing of requests for refund of donations as digital payments are becoming more frequent. RYA Madras Metro Trust expects that all donors will exercise due care and diligence while making donations. RYA Madras Metro Trust also recognises that a donation may be made erroneously or donors may change their mind.
RYA Madras Metro Trust will examine each request for refund of donation and endeavour to make the refund. RYA Madras Metro Trust may also seek further information / documents and donor must co-operate in this regard.
However, RYA Madras Metro Trust is not obliged to make refunds and may, in its discretion, decline any requests for refund of donations, particularly if a donation receipt has been issued.
If you would like your donation to RYA Madras Metro Trust to be refunded,
- You must request RYA Madras Metro Trust in writing or by email for a refund and Your request must reach RYA Madras Metro Trust within 15 (fifteen) days from the date on which you made the donation i.e. the date on which you:
- Made the donation online, electronically or through other means, OR
- Handed over the cheque / demand draft to RYA Madras Metro Trust or someone authorised by RYA Madras Metro Trust for this purpose, OR
- Despatched the cheque / demand draft to RYA Madras Metro Trust by other means.
The written request stating reason for requesting refund must be sent to the address stated below and must contain all the following details pertaining to the donation: Date of donation
- Donation amount
- If donation was made through cheque/draft, please provide Cheque/Draft no.
- If donation was made through credit card, please provide Credit Card no. (last 4 digits only).
- If donation was made online, please provide Donation-ID.
Chennai Food Bank
RYA Madras Metro Trust
12, Saravana Street, T. Nagar,
Chennai 600 017
All decisions of RYA Madras Metro Trust in this regard will be final and binding on the donor.